Natural Eye Cream Will Have Your Eyes Looking Their Best Without Any Harsh Chemicals
A good natural eye cream can mean the difference between tired dull looking eyes and younger, smooth, rejuvenated eyes.
The skin around our eyes is the thinnest and most delicate on our
face. Not only that, this tissue has far fewer oil glands than the rest
of our bodies so it really does require we give it a little extra
Using a natural eye cream as well as your usual natural
moisturizer will give your eyes the best chance against wrinkles,
keeping the skin around your eyes smooth and rejuvenated.
What should I look for in a natural eye cream that will be truly effective?
Because we have less oil glands around our eyes and oil production
slows as we age, you need to look for ingredients that are rich
moisturizers and that can provide some protection from external
These natural ingredients should also be high in antioxidants and help stimulate cell regeneration and growth.
Look for the following very effective natural ingredients in your
natural eye cream or include them in your own homemade eye treatments.
- Apricot Kernel Oil This skin softening oil
not only protects but it is very nutritious for your skin.It is very
high in Vitamin E and A and can help improve skin elasticity.
- Beeswax Beeswax is a natural moisturizer
with ant inflammatory properties. It is ideal to include in eye
treatments because it locks in moisture and protects while still
allowing skin to breathe properly.
- Carrot Seed Oil Carrot seed oil is an
excellent skin care oil that is extremely beneficial to the skin around
our eyes. It stimulates cell growth, rejuvenates, adds elasticity and
firmness and is ideal for damaged or aging skin. It is rich in beta
carotene and contains Vitamin C, D, E and B Vitamins.
- Cocoa Butter Everyone loves cocoa butter. It
smells yummy and is a great moisturizer. It is high in antioxidants and
is good for sensitive skin. It improves elasticity and provides a
- Grape Seed Oil Contains powerful
antioxidants and is very effective in repairing the skin around your
eyes. It absorbs easily into the skin's layers, is very light and can be
used all on it's own.
- Jojoba Oil This oil also easily penetrates the skin and is a good protectant, even providing some protection from the sun.
- Mango Butter Mango butter is rich in both
antioxidants and essential fatty acids, two things your skin loves. It
smooths wrinkles and offers some protection from the sun. An excellent
- Pomegranate Oil Another outstanding oil that
is ideal for around your eyes. It quickly absorbs, is high in
antioxidants and promotes skin regeneration. It is a very nourishing oil
that improves elasticity, reduces wrinkles and is known to slow aging.
- Rosehip Seed Oil Rosehip oil is known for
it's wonderful anti aging properties. It is high in Vitamin C and
contains Vitamin A. It also assists with skin cell generation and
increases elastin and collagen levels.
- Shea Butter Shea butter is a very effective
moisturizer. It doesn't smell as good as cocoa butter but it still has
much to offer. It is rich in essential fatty acids, Vitamin E and
Vitamin A. It promotes skin cell regeneration protects your skin from
external elements including the sun.
- Vitamin E This Vitamin has powerful anti aging properties. It reduces fine lines and wrinkles while healing and protecting skin.
- Wheat Germ Oil Wheat germ oil helps to
retain moisture, strengthens skin and promote healing. It increases
elasticity while tightening and toning skin.
Here are a few helpful tips on how to to keep the skin around your eyes as healthy, nourished and smooth as possible..
- How you clean around your eyes believe it or not can have a
huge bearing on the amount of wrinkles you will get. If you are
scrubbing your face with harsh soaps or a rough wash cloth you are doing
permanent damage to this delicate skin. Over time removing moisture
with cleansers and pulling and tugging on your eyes causes sagging and
wrinkles. When removing makeup always use a natural moisturizing makeup
remover and use cotton balls. Cotton balls reduce the tugging on your
- Alpha hydroxy acids naturally derived from milk and
fruits are ideal for cleansing around the eyes. They very gently
exfoliate dead skin cells allowing nutrients to better penetrate your
skin. As an added bonus alpha hydroxy acids moisturize as the same time.
- Wear an eye cream that offers excellent barrier repair.
- Be sure your eye cream has a very rich emollient in it like shea or mango butter.
This keeps your eyes hydrated. The more hydrated your skin is the less
visible wrinkles are and the less likely you are to create more.
- Wearing sunglasses protects the skin around your eyes and decreases wrinkles caused from squinting.
Use these natural ingredients in your natural eye cream, follow these
tips and enjoy beautiful, smoother and healthy natural skin!
Recommended Natural Eye Treatments
Return From Natural Eye Care To Home Page
Natural Eye Cream Recipes